Diagnosis
07/2016
Country
US
State
Wisconsin
City
Sheboygan
The brace I was given ends just before my toes. Because the toes then bend with the shoe, I'm experiencing severe pain in my big toe if I do any amount of walking.

Any suggestions? Should the foot portion extend to the end of the shoe? Should I get a different size?

My afo footprint is slightly bigger than my foot. Mine was off the shelf but fitted by the orthotist who cut down the foot plate to the right size for me. My afo is carbon fiber.

Where did you get yours? If it was from an orthotist call and complain. It should not hurt like that

Last edited:
My afo footprint is slightly bigger than my foot. Mine was off the shelf but fiited by the orthotist who cut down the foot plate to the right size for me. My afo is carbon fiber.

Where did you get yours? If it was from an orthotist call and complain. It should not hurt like that

I got mine at my last ALS clinic appt. I'll see about getting a larger one. Having never used one before, I wasn't sure how it should fit. I'm sure part of the problem is that my big toe isn't straight.

My PALS went to Hangar Orthotics to get his AFO's. They are the size of the bottom of his feet. They ordered them and them trimmed them when they came in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back