Diagnosis
07/2014
Country
US
State
CO
City
Vail
I have been a long-time hater of selfie sticks and those who use them. In our national parks it can be hard to traverse the trails because of all the selfie sticks being employed, each of which blocks part or all of the trail.

I was sure I would never own a selfie stick. On those occasions when I wanted a picture of myself I just held my camera out at arm's length and snapped away.

But, now I can't hold my arms out worth a darn. What was I to do? While these thoughts were going through my mind I found myself at Costco in front of a huge display of selfie sticks. Somehow, one of the packages of 2 selfie sticks made it into the cart and I shortly found myself the proud owner of not one but two selfie sticks.

I had joined the masses. I was embarrassed to be seen with one, let alone using one. But use it I did.

And, guess what? I actually enjoyed the thing. I was able to snap a few shots of me in the wheelchair (while hopefully not blocking the trail:)).

More importantly I found that the collapsed selfie stick made a great handle for my cell phone. I did not drop my cell phone a single time when it was attached to the selfie stick. Amazing.

So, my tip is, get a selfie stick. It makes a great cell phone handle.

For good measure, here is a picture of my friend Honani and me in front of Castle Geyser in Yellowstone. Picture courtesy of the selfie stick.

Steve

Attachments

• 20160522_180400.jpg
    20160522_180400.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 282
I didn't even know there was such a thing! Good on ya, but consider it as the masses are joining you ;)

I've always felt the same way about them....they've been prevalent here in the Canadian Rockies too. I may need to reconsider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back