Diagnosis
12/2014
Country
US
State
PA
City
Lancaster
I had in the past mentioned that Alka-Seltzer had all but removed my Phlegm issues. This continues to be true and I highly recommend it. It was unbearable before I started the daily regiment and now is virtually unnoticeable. A note on this is that it does not work instantly it seems to take a day to work, so take it daily, and during allergy season twice a day and you will see improvements if not elimination of phlegm all together.

Near the end of my racing career some Triathletes had begun to swear by wearing compression socks to speed up recovery and reduce fatigue. I was considering this a week or so ago so I thought maybe it could help with my cramps and extreme muscle fatigue. So I purchased Compression Copper Wear for elbow and legs, I bought them a size smaller than normal and wear them on my fore arms and calves, they coast about $9.00 each. I then ordered on line a pair of copper compression gloves. A week into the experiments I seem to be noticing less cramps and slightly less fatigue.

As most of you know I will not take medicines until Morphine at the end, so these more homeopathic approaches appeal to me and have been helpful. Let me know if you try them and find them helpful as well.

Thanks for the tips Tripete! I can see alka-seltzer in our future.

Aside from having the "Alkasetzer to the reeeeescue" jingle in my head now, this is a really helpful post!

My doctor recently told me to use compression socks for edema- while reluctant to do so because I'm just really a difficult person when told what to do by doctors, you have now convinced me.

Thanks Pete.

Thanks Pete, every tip is so worthwhile

Thank you, Pete.

Thank you! I will pick some up for my husband to try.

Does anyone know if the alkaseltzer will help if put in the peg? I cannot take it by mouth.

Vince

Not sure about the peg, but it should -as it is more, I think, about the PH balance than the topical (throat) treatment.

Thanks Pete. If I could only convince Steve to try it. He won't take anything for cramps or his breathing issues. we had a long discussion about this very thread tonight. He does not want to talk about or think about what is happening or is going to happen. He woke up the other night and his sinuses were all plugged up and he said he started to panic about not being able to breathe. He only told me this after begging him to talk to me. He states that what is going to happen will and he does not want to know so he doesn't have to think about what is ahead. I tried telling him that there are things that can be done to ease his symptoms but he refuses to take or talk about any of it.

I value your posts more than you will ever know Pete and admire your strength and courage. I have learned so very much from your posts and want to thank you.

I will not take any medications either. These are "alternatives" to the drugs that the doctors keep pushing. I am sorry Steve is suffering and at the same time understand and appreciate his position.

What about Magnesium Oil for cramps? Its topical, it also comes in gels and lotions

Hi Tripete
Do you mean the Alka seltzer
that you put in water and it fizzes,
or the tablets you swallow? I'll
pretty much try anything at this point. ;)

Last edited:
I had in the past mentioned that Alka-Seltzer had all but removed my Phlegm issues. This continues to be true and I highly recommend it. It was unbearable before I started the daily regiment and now is virtually unnoticeable. A note on this is that it does not work instantly it seems to take a day to work, so take it daily, and during allergy season twice a day and you will see improvements if not elimination of phlegm all together.

Near the end of my racing career some Triathletes had begun to swear by wearing compression socks to speed up recovery and reduce fatigue. I was considering this a week or so ago so I thought maybe it could help with my cramps and extreme muscle fatigue. So I purchased Compression Copper Wear for elbow and legs, I bought them a size smaller than normal and wear them on my fore arms and calves, they coast about $9.00 each. I then ordered on line a pair of copper compression gloves. A week into the experiments I seem to be noticing less cramps and slightly less fatigue.

As most of you know I will not take medicines until Morphine at the end, so these more homeopathic approaches appeal to me and have been helpful. Let me know if you try them and find them helpful as well.
Hi Tripete,
What type of Alka seltzer do you take?
The oral pills or the fizzy kind you
drop in water?

It is the kind that you drop in the water. Remember that it takes about a day to start working, so if you take it today you will begin seeing results tomorrow so it is best to get in the habbit of drinking a glass a day.

Massage and ROM is critical for cramping, and using a magnesium gel or oil with the massaging definitely gave a lot of benefit to Chris.

Great that those socks are giving relief Pete!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back