Lost a loved one
Country
US
State
New England
City
Somewhere
Hello -

My sister just received a Tobii Dynavox (12 I believe) and we are trying to figure out the best way for her to read books on it. She has lost use of her hands so can no longer use a tablet and we are hoping she can start reading again with this computer. Has anyone had any good experience with something? She would like options other than Audible (for which she uses the Amazon Echo) and the Tobii Dynavox folks did not have any ideas.

Thank you!

There is a service you can subscribe to that lets you download and read books. My sister has it on her dynavox. It is somewhere between 50-100 a year ( I forget). I don't know how wide the selection is but she finds it worth the subscription price. If I remember correctly you can set it to scroll so you don't have to turn pages. I will ask her for the name

Bookshare. It looks like it is for kids but it has grown up books too. I think there might have been a paper that needed to be signed by your doctor, speech therapist etc. it was ALSA chapter worker that gave us the info at first. Once signed up though you just pay to renew

Thank you so much Nikki! We will definitely look into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back