Diagnosis
08/2015
Country
US
State
MN
City
Minneapolis
I just wanted to point out an interesting device that some people may not be aware of yet. Its called the Amazon Echo.

It's a wireless speaker and voice command device It does require the internet, and can only connect via wifi.

Beause its an Amazon device, it can access your Audible library and play your audiobooks.

You can also use it as a radio, and request it play a station by its call letters and associated station number.

It can also do a number of other things through the "If This Then That" (IFTTT) site.

I don't personally use it for much else, but it can be used with WeMo home lighting or Phillips Hue, which allows you to turn/dim lights through verbal command.

I think it's already a clever device, and I think it would be amazing to see it developed further.

You can pretty much just google it, and find various sources of information discussing the product.

I wrote about it a little bit in a comment on another thread, but thought it would be good to drop this in the gadget area for those that have never heard of it before.

The Amazon Echo appears to be a pretty little thing that sits in the middle of your room and listens for your orders. I'm told it can operate your household appliances.

We have one and is very handy. You can also make to do lists and grocery lists from voice commands. You can ask it questions, hear the news,weather, listen to books and music. Very easy to use

Great idea to share shinything!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back