quan NInh Kieu
City
Can Tho
hi everybody,
My dad got Als for 3 years now.
He's nearly in the final stage and lots
of suffering here and there.

thing I want to ask for tips:
He can't pass out his stool, he's trying in paintfull and difficult even full of blood out.
His stools is really soft as we feed him lot of blended vegetables and used some of medicine to help but no luck.
thanks

Doesn't he have a doctor or a nurse?

Try Ducolax suppository stool softeners.

Sometimes you just have to put on a glove and go get them.

Thanks for the tips will pass and tell mum to try that way.
Unfortunately they living in viet nam where still poor of Doctor
And nurses.
This disease is very rare and new in the country
Thanks again.

I had to use suppositories and sometimes enemas near my pals end. One time I was working on him and he said, "squeeze my head!" Loved his sense of humor which was there until the end.

Good luck to you,
Sherry

I had a boyfriend with ALS that recently passed away. When he was having problems with bowel movements I would lean him forward and rub his lower back. Also rub his lower tummy.

Normally I would recommend hot drinks and getting it out w/ a glove, too, but you would not want to have even more blood from the trauma. If the blood is coming from an external source, I would try your favorite moisturizing ointment and work it in before he tries to pass stool. If it is internal, normally we think about cancer, but obviously not now. You might go the other way, see if you can add bulk to the stool and then try hot drinks or spicy foods; sometimes that makes it easier to pass. I am sorry for your dad's suffering.

Painful with blood could also just be as simple as haemorrhoids - is that a possibility?
If it's bright fresh blood that is more common as usually internal bleeding gets partly digested and looks more black than bright red.

The strategy of using a cream to lubricate could help whatever the cause. Hemorrhoid creams usually have a bit of local anaesthetic in as well to help reduce the pain and reduce the swelling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back