12/2014
Country
US
State
CT
City
Naugatuck
Hello ,

Can someone be able to give me some tips on how to communicator a little easier for my Uncle who has ALS. It seems like my uncle struggles when it comes to using the communicator to be able to communicate with the family . Is there any assistance or someone we can contact that will be able to teach my uncle and the family ways to make his communicating easy for him . I don't know where to start or who do i go to for help .....

Please if anyone give me any information if will be appreciated .

Thank

Wish I could help you but I have no experience with one but I did have an idea. Google "TOBI communicator forums" and you might be able to locate some user groups that could help.

Best of luck,
Brad

Your uncle's experience is not unusual. Several pals I know who are very computer literate gave up on it as it was tiring and confusing! If your uncle is a vet, and the Tobii was provided by the VA the rep can come and give him up to 4 hours of training. It doesn't all have to be at one time.
Bless you for caring and doing your best to help.

Sherry

It depends on what your uncle's abilities are. I use apps and software to speak, I'm a disc jockey. Ivona com have realistic voices. And not too expensive. I have also downloaded optikey which is an eye sensor which is used with an eye sensing Web Cam for people who can't use their hands. The best thing about optikey is, it's free. You can also get the software that Stephen Hawkins uses for free now, it's called a cat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back