Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
NY
City
Brooklyn
I know this type of thing has been done before but wanted to share my version of it. You can stick any remote into it, and it can press the buttons on the remote for you. The button pusher itself can be controlled with any adaptive switch, voice control, or eye-gaze among other options.

Universal Button Pusher | Bob's Electronics Projects

The videos show it working with a hospital bed remote, but it can work with almost any remote. You just need to 'teach' it where the buttons are.

-Bob

You do some fun projects Bob. Any ardiuno stuff?

I'm actually about to build a gripping glove so I can improve my golf game. I can still swing a club but lack the hand strength to maintain a grip on the club under speed. So what I'm thinking I'll use an old radiator hose with a way to strap it to the back of my hand will provide enough extra grip to work without the need to constantly strap/unstrap some sort of velcro contraption.

Thanks, yeah, I use Arduino for a lot of it. Makes prototyping stuff really quick. Between that and Raspberry Pi, there's a lot you can get working in short order. Let me know if you ever want to try anything.

I used to be an auto mechanic way back, so also glad to hear of another use for old radiator hose. ;) I'm sure you can get that working, or at least experimenting with that will lead you to what will work. Good luck.
-Bob

Will definitely do so.

I used to do a lot of car stuff (actually still do somewhat). First for a living then as a hobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back