Diagnosis
01/2014
Country
US
State
NC
City
Littleton
Shortly after hubby's diagnosis I asked for a split king adjustable bed in the hopes of keeping him out of a hospital bed as long as possible. Turning has become a big problem for him, and he's gotten stuck in the space between the mattresses twice (don't ask me how--the mattresses are very close together). Enter the M Rail...or rather two of them. They are narrow enough that they fit on the top third of the bed (above where it bends to raise the head) and they don't get in the way of him getting in and out of the bed. He says he's turning much more easily, and therefor sleeping better, with the rail to grab. Yes, it is something between us, but I can get around it pretty easily.

It's easy to install on the adjustable bed. Bars go across the bed under the mattress and straps wrap around the base to hold them tight. If you raise the head of the bed you can install it without crawling under (why, oh why, didn't I realize that with the first side?).

When the first rail arrived he rejected it completely. Thanks to my days of lurking and honest shares by more senior CALS and PALS, I just stuck it in the closet until he made it clear that it was time. The second one came months later, after he described his difficulting turning to the doc who recommended the hospital bed. This time I just ordered and installed it, and he loves it.

I still haven't decided whether I need to split the top sheet, blanket, and spread at the top to accomodate the rail--a few more nights sleep will determine that. It looks like this spread will be a chronical of our journey. I made it as a queen. When we went to the king, I added strips using leftover fabric from the spread and window treatments. Next, probably, a center split. I have given up on the dust ruffle--it would just get in the way and give us something else to trip or spill on.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    638.2 KB · Views: 258
>When we went to the king, I added strips using leftover fabric from the spread and window treatments.

like Sound of Music!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back