Diagnosis
12/2013
Country
US
State
Ca
City
Surf City
This may not apply to anybody here but you, Heather.

Wifey's African Grey parrot and Rose Breasted Cockatoo are on a stand across the room from me. Their dander could fog the air, I swear.

I was having runny nose every morning I sat down here at the computer, and at other times for no apparent reason.

I had the $150 air purifier set on a stand between the birds and me, and no more runny nose.

Attachments

• Kiss1785 (Small).jpg
    Kiss1785 (Small).jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 299
Well Graybeard, the title of your post peaked my interest (why are you not surprised ... LOL!) and noted that you mentioned my name ... Why? (LOL!) K, that being said I'm just wondering if that's why Ron is having stuffy nose issues or is it just a coincidence and not the fault of our two cockatiels ... Hmmmmm....

By the way, what gorgeous birds!

We have two African Grey Parrots. What kind of air purifier are you using? The one we have is too noisy to use much. It's probably time to get a quieter one.

(Big Mark's wife) Kamama

It's a Honeywell True HEPA from Home Debt; two or three years old, but hardly used until now. It's noise is very low - especially without my hearing aids...

Greybeard, the CAG, is bonded to wifey and I am his rival. He learned all his phrases from me, in my exact voice, the way it used to be.

Chewbaca is a pretty face with a beak that won't stop chewing. Her destruction has run into the $Hundreds. She doesn't even talk.

Welcome, Kamama!

Thanks for the welcome1
My birds are both bonded to me and use my voice. They both talk quite well. They also have been known to tease Mark. ::D

Kamama, I think I like your birds already! Welcome to the forum. Glad to see you here. Steph

Kamama, welcome to the lady who gets kudos for trying to keep Big Mark under control. An impossible task, I suspect! Lol. But to know him is to love him! Glad you are here to share your experiences! Donna

It's impossible to keep Mark under control. He's a stubborn man. I have to go with the flow and nudge him gently from time to time.

Even a sledge hammer wouldn't work. :D

>I have to go with the flow and nudge him gently from time to time.

like doing a u-turn with the Titanic! :) welcome kamama!

Welcome Kamama! We have a little Quaker Parrot, who of course thinks he is the master of all things. Thankfully he produces very little dander or talc, but does produce a lot of nonsense noise. He does speak, but in a bird voice, and I am told he has the same demented laugh as me. He is my bird, but took to Tim right away, and loves to snuggle with either of us.

The best way to deal with stubborn people is to make them think it is their idea. I must admit that I am the stubborn one in this family, but Tim keeps me smiling. Everybody thinks he is the sweetest man, but the other day when I had a sore neck, he kept telling me to look over my right shoulder and some amazing thing. There was never anything there, but there was a mischievous smile on his face when I looked back. I think he is passive aggressive, but I will get even with him. It is on!

Paulette

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back