Diagnosis
07/2013
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Toronto
I’m thinking of getting myself a bidet toilet seat. Does anyone have recommendations for brands/models? I normally use a wheeled commode chair which is rolled over the toilet (with the seat up) – would this still work with the bidet toilet seat?

I don't think so i think if there is a place between you and the bidet seat it will spray into the room.

Canmark, think Nikki is correct. We just had a bidet installed- some of the functions won't work if you aren't sitting directly on the bidet seat. If you can transfer to it, it is quite wonderful having a heated seat, plus the cleansing, warm air drying functions.

Annie's Phil did a modification for his wife (who was one of the forum's most beloved members). Search for "bidet commode chairs" and you will see a couple of ideas.

Thanks for the feedback. I’ll have to think some more on this. There’s not enough room in the main floor washroom for me to properly transfer to the toilet itself. Also, I would need armrests on the toilet to help me to balance and reposition if needed. I guess it makes sense that you need to be sitting on the bidet toilet seat itself for the spray to work properly and effectively.

The wheeled shower/commode chair otherwise works decently well for me. But with my increasing weakness I have difficulty cleaning myself properly. And it’s difficult for someone else (my father, in this case) to help given that I’m pretty much stuck on the seat.

I’ll contact my occupational therapist and see if she has any ideas.

we have a CleanSense, works fine but Sandy has to help me off ...

There is a mechanical-only one that may work: Bidematic.

It's grossly overpriced in the Northern hemisphere tho.

Tillie,if you see this ... I thought I'd read that these were much cheaper down under, have you heard of these?

I have a BronDell bidet, and my toilet is on an 8 inch riser. I have two safety bars on either side of the toilet that fold up when I don't need them. My problem is my very long legs. I can't get off the standard handicapped toilet. Good luck. None of this is any fun.

>my toilet is on an 8 inch riser.

on the bottom of thee commode?

I think ours is a Clean Sense as well. It came from the ALSA loan closet (not sure they will want it back afterwards, hehe). It is very nice, has a remote, water warmer, seat warmer, dryer, deodorizer & says it has a massage function but have no idea how that works yet. It helps a lot, especially since I have a lot of hair. Wish we had this a long time ago.

Yes Max. It is a platform the handicapped toilet sits on.

thanks, just asked the va about it ...

Max one of former moderators, Joel, who has a great website, had this Bed Bathroom

>Max one of former moderators, Joel, who ha

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back