Diagnosis
07/2014
Country
US
State
fl
City
Lady Lake
My husband's PEG tube is about 12" long, so we struggled to find a way to "stow" it between feedings without using tape. Eventually, I took out his dogtag chain from Navy days and asked him to put it on. Then I took an old clip style earring and attached it to the chain. Now, after feeding him, I clip the earring (still attached to the chain) around the feeding tube about 3 or 4" from the top. That keeps the tube vertical, doesn't squeeze it but does hold it securely, and it's easy to unclip the earring, release the tube and begin a feeding session. Where there's a will, there's a way.

You can get the long tube swapped out for the button type mic-key tube.

Another option is to use a large safety pin and secure it to the inside of his shirt

Yep, my brother has the mic key and it's wonderful ,,no lines ,,it's really wonderful

Are you able to connect to the mic key without spilling? I've never seen one.

GB the button is like a key hole. The tubing has the key on the end of it and you unlock the button with the tube. So no mess :)

Thanks, Tillie. Do they leave a little slack inside? My tube pulls when the belly is empty and growling...

I use an old ace bandage around my belly. I just tuck the tube under the bandage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back