Diagnosis
08/2013
Country
US
State
Texas
City
Pinehurst
okay, scattered all over this forum are great tips and gadgets that help us during the various stages of our progression.

I thought perhaps a single thread where we can put a tip or a gadget in a separate post, I can consolidate the posts data into a worksheet or a PDF and we can post it as a living sticky.

I would suggest anything and everything that comes to mind in no specific order but perhaps with an indication of why and what state of progression.

For why it's worth :)

the bidet toilet seat. You can probably guess why.

Dragon NaturallySpeaking plus a good microphone for speech to text. Before a speech comes useless.

power wheelchair, obviously to run the dogs

this forum for obvious reasons

Trilogy ...its portable and flexible in how it can be set up. Can be used as a bipap type device, a ventilation device, sip and puff, etc. It can be used through multiple stages of the disease and saves you from buying more than one unit.

I find the dictus band brace great for supporting my drop foot, along with a good pair of runners

For those stages with bad leg cramps: a 6" foam exercise roller at the foot of the bed to rest feet against.

A bed rail to assist with turning or simply getting into or out of bed.

Hey max, what kind of bidet do you have and can it use a toilet riser

>Hey max, what kind of bidet do you have and can it use a toilet riser

Clean Sense, not much of a riser -- there are several other threads here you can search ...

Floor-to-ceiling pole to help getting out of bed.

what about an extended grip for those of us who still have use of our hands
toilet/shower seat
hoyer type lift

Great idea Max...thanks for offering to put the list together

We bought attachable side mirrors, made for a bicycle, but added it to the electric chair since Hayden couldn't turn his head. Made it much safer to be outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back