Diagnosis
10/2013
Country
US
State
Ca
City
Lafayette
In my previous life I was never much of a tv watcher. We have a fairly nice 42 inch plasma in our family room with a sound bar. Now that I can't do much and find I spend more time in bed I'm thinking about a tv in my bedroom. Does anyone have any advice as to what features I should be looking for? Smart tv, web surfing...geez I don't even know what questions to ask. I expect though that I will be turning more and more to TV as this disease progresses. Alex

One of the first things we did as my hubby became more sedentary! Got a samsung and a tobishia with high def. Happy with both. The issue is more the services you receive. He wanted certain channels- sports, westerns, etc. talk to your tv service provider for the various packages so you can be well entertained during your quieter days. Just be aware, those packages aren't cheap if they offer more than basic stations. But you deserve it! Treat yourself! Donna

> I don't even know what questions to ask. I expect though that I will be turning more and more to TV as this disease progresses. Alex

samsung big as you can go!

Something's to think about:
remote control – can you press button's today? Next month? Some of the TV features may require a second person to operate. Also, you may be lucky enough to have a cable system that works by voice commands, but be aware your voice may not last.
Now I will tell you what I have here. A 39 inch LCD Smart TV mounted on a rolling stand. My cable box does not permit CEC – HDMI control so all the smart button's are on one remote and the cable channel buttons are on another remote. My laptop is also connected and controlled with Dragon naturally speaking. I can use my computer, watch TV, watch Netflix or DVD but someone else needs to help with the choices. In the end what I am saying is get any TV you like, don't reject a feature you want because it's too difficult for you to personally operate because you will have help.

Joe, that's right -- I get better remote control of the tv with the iPad!

I bought a Samsung that does voice controls and motion controls. i think it is smarter than i am.

My dad loves Netflix!

We figured out that Haydens Tobii could control the tv and cable also! Its under ir controls, huge help since his hands didn't work!

There is also a small device that connects via Bluetooth to the iPads that does that. Vets can get it through the va. Don't know what it costs but I'm thinking about getting it. Has already been offered

Max, Control TV through IPad? How? Help please

Lynne

Lynne, there's a special device you have to have for the iPad, it connects via blue tooth to your iPad and then sends a signal to the tv. I was shown this at the va

>Max, Control TV through IPad? How? Help please

Hi, Lynne -- what kind of TV? Smart? WLAN?

>Lynne, there's a special device you have to have for the iPad, it connects via blue tooth to your iPad and then sends a signal to the tv. I was shown this at the va

Hi, Dalvin -- my iPad Air works directly w/ my Samsung, no add ons --- a lot better than the Samsung remote ...

Max, ok. Didn't know that. I've got the ipad2 . Of course my tv is not a smart one so it requires an ir signal

I have an ipad air and a samsung tv about 3 yrs old. How do i connect the ipad to the TV?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back