Diagnosis
11/1985
Country
US
State
IN
City
Fort Wayne
Do you have difficulty moving the computer mouse far enough to get the cursor across the screen? Intellipointer is a small, unobtrusive program that was developed to reduce wrist strain. It allows the cursor to travel further with less movement of the mouse. I got it years ago and have been completely dependent on it for most of that time. Without it I cannot get the cursor more than halfway across the screen much less to the edges where all the controls are. I literally can not use a computer will out it.

Intellipointer disappeared from the Internet for years, but I was cleaning up my bookmarks yesterday and discovered that the download page for it was still there and no longer a dead end! I downloaded it, installed it and it was all there! The cost is still $29. It installs with no garbage, has a couple of tests of your speed and accuracy, and it is all set. You can try it before buying. When you first turn it on it doesn't seem like it makes much difference, but use it for an hour or so, then turn it off. You will be amazed at the extra effort it takes without it!

If the problem is using the mouse accurately, know that Windows systems can use the numeric keypad instead.
From Control Panel select Ease of Access, then "Make the mouse easier to use", select "Turn on mouse keys"
This enables the number keys to control the pointer, as described here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back