Diagnosis
11/2012
Country
US
State
CO
City
Colorado Springs
There are a few threads on cushions for PWCs but I could find nothing for everyday wooden chairs.

I seem to have little meat (and otherwise) left on my butt and sitting in a solid chair (such as at a restaurant) gets quite painful after a few minutes.

At home I use an old stadium cushion but carting that around to work lunches is not something I aspire to...

What clever tricks is everyone else using?

I found a memory foam seat cushion at target that works like a champ. You can cut off the strings And put 2 together and that should give you enough padding. I think I paid seven bucks for it. Good luck
Hollister

Well, when my youngest was small he went to go roller blading and was afraid of the pain of falling on his skinny butt, so he strapped a pillow to it. It did gather some chuckles though. Hey what about those specialized underpants? Other than carrying something around I can't give you any constructive suggestions.:lol:

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    4.7 KB · Views: 791
Yesterday at clinic I tried out the "UpLift SeatAssist" and it really worked! I am going to get one for the office. Pam, our OT, showed us that the prices for the same seat varied fron $82 to over $200, so caveat emptor!

You can Google it yourselves, so I won't be accused of being on Amazon's commission plan like Greg :). BTW Amazon was one of the $160 prices I think ...

we use 4 things:

1. normal pillow with sheepskin on top
2. roho low profile with sheepskin on top
3. roho high profile with sheepskin on top
4. O pillow with pillow case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back