Diagnosis
08/2013
Country
US
State
Texas
City
Pinehurst
Well, with left hand gone and right hand showing, I am looking at DNS. But my speech isn't so great either (this really sucks :)).

Anyway does anyone have experience with it or others? Alternatives?

TIA,

Max

Maybe the dynavox stuff?

Also, I have been using a nook. Type with only my thumbs, including the one I can't extend.

My husband was issued a Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro laptop/tablet hybrid, with eye gaze technology and dragon naturally speaking, but his speech is very clear. There is a head mouse that can go with either one, where you wear a hat or glasses with a reflective dot that allows you type along with a microswitch. There is also a gentleman that we have been given contact with that uses a mouth stick to type with, and apparently is quite proficient at it. And I believe Barbie's husband use a mouse with his foot. Where there is a will there is a way. What ever you decide get it now and practise with it while you have options.
Paulette

Have you given Dasher a try? I was still able to move my arm and wrist for quite awhile after I couldn't type with my hands.

And when I moved to the headmouse, Dasher was excellent for that.

Click N Type virtual keyboard can be put in a dwell click mode, or scanned using a mouse or external button.

If you are having speech issues, I would not bother with DNS unless you can try it for free from your loan closet or public library.

I also used foot pedal switches for a few years with both the normal mouse and headmouse, which was a good combination for me.

>If you are having speech issues, I would not bother with DNS unless you can try it for free from your loan closet or public library
Thanks, Brian, I'll try that.

Max

you might also try Windows ease of access center for voice recognition. Add in the free program camera mouse and an ordinary WebCam can be used along with an on-screen keyboard or dasher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back