07/2013
Country
US
State
GA
City
Atlanta
Hi guys.

I'm sure most of you have thought about this, but I think it's worth posting anyway.

I am experiencing lots of arm mobility issues and it's hard to wipe myself. I started using baby wipes and have found that I am getting myself clean all by myself! PERSONAL VICTORY

Hope this helps

I feel so proud of myself LOL

Good for you! Rejoice in personal victories. Have been using them on my Pals for the last 10 months and what a great idea someone came up with........

Rob -

Do you have a bidet seat? Best thing ever. Let me know if you need more info.

Also, there's a handy dandy wand - picture below. Add TP or wet nap, wipe, click and you're done... And you save energy!

I bought depends today.... Sad but true!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 531
Rob -

Do you have a bidet seat? Best thing ever. Let me know if you need more info.

Also, there's a handy dandy wand - picture below. Add TP or wet nap, wipe, click and you're done... And you save energy!

I bought depends today.... Sad but true!

I have a handicapped seat but no bidet. I would love more info on a bidet seat!

The bidet seat I bought on Amazon is an addition to a standard toilet . Washes and dries. the brand is Brondell and the model I have is the S1000. Made all the difference!

We have a bidet and it is the best of all my husbands gadgets, and I like it too. They are not cheep, but they are worth every penny. You can get one that fits an elongated or regular bowel. Whoops I meant bowl.

I hadn't thought of baby wipes, so thank you so much for sharing afraid!

It just may give my PALS a bit longer independence in that department. He has been having his shower after his morning toilet, but he can't clean himself properly much of the time in the shower, so the baby wipes may just be that extra edge ...

Walmart has a flush able version of baby wipes, no need to bag separately.

if you have a septic system DO NOT FLUSH even if they say "flushable". take it from me and my new septic drain field....

i wipe the worst of it with tp, then wipe with baby wipes for extra cleanliness.

I use Conttelle wipes. They are flushable and okay for septic tanks.

Tracy

Tracy they say flushable, but they will clog up your drain field. the guy that replaced my field (over $3000 and it had to be done) said he sees them all the time . He loves them!

I just ordered a bidet from Home Depot it was an Swash1000, produced by Brondell. They are relatively expensive but, I am hoping it will be worth the money.

Rick

I just ordered a bidet from Home Depot it was an Swash1000, produced by Brondell. They are relatively expensive but, I am hoping it will be worth the money.

Rick
Rick, I honestly don't understand why this topic of wiping is even discussed any more. The bidets are so extraordinary that to consider hand wiping seems like a move back to the dark ages. I got my Toto Jasmine bidet about 10 years ago shortly after my diagnosis. Although I can still hand wipe now, and do when I'm travelling, it provides such cleanliness in comparison, wiping seems barbaric.

The Swash1000 seems to have copied most of the features on the Toto so I hope it is as good.

Not all of us can afford a bidet, some people are renting or living with relatives or friends who are caring for them.

I agree it seems like the dark ages, but sadly I'm also stuck there, I hope the spanish inquisition doesn't find us! :lol:

Rick; your bidet will be one of the best purchases that you have eve made, and is worth every penny. It is so important to have good skin hygiene to prevent sores which is huge. We use 1/10 the amount of toilet paper now, just for a pat dry ( the blowers are weak), and it also helps to stimulate a BM on those difficult days. I use it as well, and now hate having to go to the bathroom away from home, I just don't feel clean after. We have the same bidet, and are extremely happy with it.
Paulette

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back