Diagnosis
10/2011
Country
US
State
VA
City
Richmond
I know some of us still get out and about by ourselves. I finally found a medical alarm that goes everywhere. I'm not affiliated with the company, I don't make any money from them, but I think this is a great product. It is basically a mini cell phone about 1 x 2" square and less than a couple ounces. It hangs around my neck with the police whistle (hangover from living in a tough neighborhood Boston) and a simple push of the button will call a central station who will ascertain the situation. They will call my husband's office direct line, then his cell phone, and several other levels of friends, but if I need help the paramedics will be on their way. They have all of my medications, my health status, and the key code to access the house. It doesn't take a subscription and costs about 15 bucks a month. And if I hold the button down for a couple of seconds it goes straight to 911. The name of the product is Great Call, and I thought it might be helpful to someone else. I know it is give them my husband peace of mind.
Hollister

I've got something similar.
My caregiver got it for me in case I fall and there is nobody home to help me get up off the floor. It's called Life Alert and it's like a pendant which I put around my neck. Should I fall, I just push a button and they send over emergency people to my home to help me get up.

I haven't had the opportunity to use it yet (knock on wood, cause I haven't fallen yet) but, at least our ALSA got us recently a Hoyer Lift from their Loaner Closet which would make easier for my CALS to lift me off the floor if I've fallen.

NH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back