Diagnosis
11/2012
Country
US
State
CO
City
Colorado Springs
Planning ahead I have been scanning the forum for bidet info.

There are a fair amount of bidet strings, but all are now locked.

So, has anyone had an actual bidet/toilet (not the add-on) installed?

Does anyone have any comparative knowledge of the add-on seat vice the full toilet?

Hi there. Sorry to hear of your diagnosis. One of the 'high points' has been my purchase of the Brondell Swash 1000 Bidet Seat. I am rather fastidious, and wasn't ready for my wife to take over that job, although she was willing. I didn't think a Bidet seat would get me clean enough, but I was wrong. I was diagnosed 10 months ago, and it was my first purchase, which I still use today (with the help of a hoyer lift).
I hope that helps. Feel free to contact me with any other questions. This is a great site and we're all here to help.

Bob

Do they make bidets that are at the height of a riser? I love my add on. It sits on top of my riser.

What kind did you get? I bought one and had to send it back because I have a one piece toilet and it requires a two piece. If it will sit on a riser I would think it wouldn't matter.

posted yesterday its gone search biffy.com like mine and it can install with riser

We got a TOTO Washlet S300. You won't be able to install this one on top of a riser. What we did was get a riser that goes between the toilet and the floor.

We did the same...we installed a riser between the floor and toilet. I really appreciate the wall mounted remote control's big buttons. I can just use my elbow. The bidet works really well. If u get one with massage features, it can actually help stimulate BM. Sorry i don't have any knowledge about the diff between seat (add on) and toilet. We just got the seat because our toilet was new and didn't need to replace it. The bidet is the best thing we ever got (not just bcuz of massage feature). Good luck.

My husband used a bidet seat. We were ever grateful for this invention! Did such a great job of washing and drying. Our toilet was also raised from underneath rather than from the top. Yasmin.

I installed a TOTO Washlet seat on top of a TOTO ADA height toilet, which eliminated the need for a riser. It worked very well. Late in Annie's disease her weak torso muscles required her to be placed a bit farther forward on the seat. That made it necessary to use the wand in the forward position to clean the aft area. Toward the end, I was the only one who could physically handle her to get her in the hoist and placed properly and held in position on the seat, but the bidet was still effective and much preferred over using the diaper in bed. I also occasionally rolled her hoyer lift into a roll-in shower and used the hand-held shower wand to give her a real thorough cleaning if necessary.

By all means, get a bidet of one sort or another. I don't know of a PALS for whom it hasn't been of significant benefit. But I don't think I'd opt for a separate toilet and bidet that requires first being placed on the toilet and then transferred to the bidet.

I had a BIO BIDET 1000 seat installed about a year ago. One of the best purchases I made. It really gets the job done. It even has a "vortex" mode that helps get a BM going. This was crucial for me as I've lost considerable pushing strenght. Cost around $500, but worth every penny. I highly recomend it

No direct answer to the question, but good info regardless!

But I don't think I'd opt for a separate toilet and bidet that requires first being placed on the toilet and then transferred to the bidet.

Greg I think you missed the last of Phil's post. Transfering once becomes a hard enough chore!

and I have a question .... when I have looked at the add ons and the video of how to add them to an existing toilet I don't see how the water could possible be heated?
The Idea of having cold water wash my husband back side and more has him poo-pooing the idea of getting one

There is a reservoir in the seat that maintains heated water for washing. I don't have one yet but I just ordered the other day. I'll let you know how it works once I get it hooked up.

It was an easy fix for us because of the location of our bathroom, right over the basement. We put in an electric outlet and gosh, I don't know. I just hired a handy man! Too busy with other things. But it wasn't complicated, SMP51. Bidet seats come with instructions. And trust me, our handyman wasn't too, um, bright lets say. Nice warm water though....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back