CALS
Country
CA
State
Alberta
City
Hinton
Hello,

As a caregiver and a former caregiver of a wonderful man, Barry, with ALS, I was deeply moved by all your strength and compassion for life. Since our dear friend's passing with ALS in February 2012, I have worked very hard on a new comfortable slipper design to reduce the impact of the ALS enduced-Hammer Toes. Continually I was requested to place his toes between palms of my hands and press down, almost appearing to hurt him, but he looked at such ease and said it helped so much! I sincerely miss those days and will truly miss our dear friend. I owe him big time for changing my outlook on life forever.

Several times, Barry would order things from online and spend top end dollars in hopes of relief, only to become frustrated & ask me to put it back in the box because it didn't work! In my time missing him, I have sat and tried to think of things that could make living with ALS a little bit easier and wish I could have come up with this design so much sooner!
I have completed designing a slipper which will be posted on my Facebook page in the New Year 2013. I have not set a price on my design yet and no photos posted until the item's paton is finalized. I vowed a promise to Barry when he was alive that I would do anything in my power to continue to raise awareness on ALS on his behalf and continually fundraise (did a demolision derby fundraiser with his old car in Sept 2012-photos on my Facebook-still can't believe I drove!)). It is with this new ALS slipper design, that I can and will promise that a percent of the profits from them will go back to ALS.

Please feel free to search & join 'Hinton Slippers' on Facebook. I would love to know how you all are doing....Barry really admired you all and felt such love through the distance. Thank you all for that.

Love & Health to YOU all!
Colleen/Hinton, Alberta

I'll have to look for those slippers!

I miss Barry, he was such a wonderful friend.

People that really care don't charge $75 for their booties.

Marta don't be too hard on her as she is in Canada (as I am) and everything here is twice the US price.LOL I just searched for supportive slippers for hubby and spent $150. Don't disappear Colleen --the feedback is likely good if you are aiming for the US market too. Good on you for donating a percentage to A L S .

I have developed hammer toes especially the left foot. The foot also stings where the toe meets the foot and I keep looking but nothing there. Are there slippers that can help this. My feet have reduced by several sizes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back