Diagnosis
08/2009
Country
US
State
Colorado
City
Colorado Springs
It's too bad the older threads get closed or I would just add to the one Rose started.

I have been using my Bipap a few months now. I started with the Resmed Mirage Quattro full face mask. While this was raved about by my RT and doctor's office, no matter how much I tried to adjust it, it would bruise my nose. I do think it is a good mask design though, so should still be considered even though did not work for me.

Next I tried the Resmed Quattro FX medium size. This was much better for comfort, but still was a little sore on the nose. Even though the RT insisted it was the correct size, I still asked to try a large size. That ended up being the best. Very rarely is my nose sore. The larger size allows the pressure to sit more on my cheeks beside my nose instead of the bridge of my nose.

So in addition to mentioning the specific model masks, the other point is to don't feel like you are stuck with the first mask you are given. Continue to work with your supplier company to get one that feels good. And don't be afraid to try a different size. Also ask them if they have "demo" masks to try so you don't have to buy each one you try.

Medicare has paid for my mask I forget how often I get a new one also your supplier can get you a rubber or I think it's silicone pad that goes on your nose and it sure helps. I don't know why they don't give everyone one when they first bring your mask. These you get every month if you request them

Medicare only pays for certain masks. Different cos. make different masks. If your provider does not have something comfortable for you, make them find one or switch cos. I went through this as well and there are thousands of mask out there with good padding.:)
\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back