Diagnosis
01/2007
Country
US
State
Ar
City
Mtn. Home
Did you know that you can take a Cell Phone that you don't use anymore and as long as it has a sims card any card because your not going to be using to call anyone. But if you can use your hands you can type out a message for someone to read like a text message. This works because my daughter tried it on our old phone but it would not work without a sims card and we had several of them. I hope this helps

I can't use my hands anymore, but stll have voice left. I use my smart phone with the voice dialer and voice search pro grams. The search types what I speak so I can post here and text. Can't live without it.

I don't have smart phone. I can't use my hands but I have a Nokia phone and it works through my Dynavox computer. I also turn my TV off and on, change channels and my DVR once someone sets up the DVR.

Anyone with low income can also get free cell phone service or reduced home cost phone. Any old cell will dial 911

Can no longer use my phone (voice and hands gone) but discovered that thru email I can get a text message to anyone else's phone on my carrier (V e r I z o n). Handy!

Txting is my life line now.
Even if I'm not actually txting a person, I type it out and show them the words. less stress than my "marble talk" When my thumbs no longer work, I'll find another way.

See we all have good information to put out here. I have been trying for months to figure out some way for my neice to communicate they don't have a cell phone to text but I can get her and older phone to use

If your niece is low income she can get a free cell phone -- with minutes -- through lifeline and various other services. They have free plans that have 250 minutes a month.

Yes she would be low income but she lives with her mom and brother they count all three incomes because her mother put all three names on their home.

How do you text using your e-mail.I have thought about it but never got that far yet

Anyone on public assistance can get free cell phone service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back