00/0000
Country
US
State
CA
City
Highland
Hello all,
I wrote this in a discussion thread(tea thread) and thought it may be good to put here too. I am on the younger side, and am a PALS. I try my best to adapt the devices I use to make me look less 'sick' or 'geriatric'.

For instance, I am getting a walker and am blinging it out! :p

Now to the reason I started the thread...I deal with quite a bit of leg pain as my muscles are atrophying. Meds don't work always, but I found that constant pressure does help a bit. Well that led me down the road of ugly white compression socks...ick.

I found an alternate for me that might work for you.... SNOWBOARDING SOCKS!

They come in many different colors and styles...they go all the way up to your knees..and I have never had a problem with them falling down. The ones I am wearing right now say 'hot chili's!' and are blue and grey :p

Anyway...just wanted to let those know looking for a fun alternateive to compression socks...these are good ones.

P.S. I do not have any other problems with legs so if your GP has said specifically you need to wear compression socks to avoid embolisms and such...might want to stick with those...but remember you can always bling them out too! :D

There are also trouser socks with 15-20mm graduated compression that come in tan, black and navy. I found some on A m a z o n.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back