Not open for further replies.

kiwisally

Country
OO
State
OO
City
OO
I'm new to forums, not real sure how they work yet so if I mess up please let me say sorry in advance. So many of you are so helpful, it's just wonderful and I don't want to step on anyone's toes. I was diagnosed in July with PBP and am just now in need of TTS software to use on a windows system laptop as the family is starting to have real trouble understanding me, asking me to repeat things too many times so I am looking for a way to convert one offs, conversational, touch typed text to audio, fast as as to be able to keep up with the conversation as best as I can. At this time I have no involvement other than bulbar, just saw the neuro yesterday and he could find no atrophy other than tong and chin, so wouldn't mind spending a bit on a program if it's better than something free. I have downloaded etriloqist and find it pretty good but just wanted to see if any of you use anything else that you think is better that might be worth a try. Also thinking about getting an android tablet to carry out of the home and wonder if anyone has any input on TTS apps for that, in this case looking for something that would be more phrase/button/hunt and peck typed/based, to use out of home and in coming days when touch type might be too difficult. Just so you'll know, I've tried a IPod Touch and find as with some cell phones and texting that I just have fat fingers and so find it difficult to use that small a touch screen, non MND associated. Thanks so much for any input you can make.:D

Our late friend JoelC has the following page on his website:

TextToSpeech

Thank you so much trfogey, I knew you'd know or could point me in the right direction. I'll give nextup a trial but it sounds like JoelC was in the know with his reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back