Diagnosis
10/2009
Country
US
State
Vernont
City
Burlington
I got a peg several weeks ago. It has healed well. I really miss soaking in hot bath. How soon can I?

You can soak in a tub. Try to keep the peg opening above water though. That's what we were told. My husband had lots of good soaks! Go for it!

Someone on another thread swims with theirs so a soak should be ok as long as it's healed around site. Be sure to rinse around site when done to remove soap etc.

AL.

Advice we had was to keep it fairly dry for a month. Showers only with an effort to keep water away from site. A month on swimming/bath was ok.

When the tube gets cloudy looking put a little coke a cola in it. It cleans it right up. Maybe soak in a half of a tub. Keep that part out of the water.

I was told that coke is not a very good idea...too corrosive...use baking soda dissolved well in water, works wonderfully!

1/8th teaspoon in 5 mL syringe of warm water
do not force water in but gently and firmly push and pull the plunger back and forth
if it doesnt clear, clamp the tube for a frw minutes allowing water & soda to soak...repeat if necessary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back