Diagnosis
08/2009
Country
US
State
Colorado
City
Colorado Springs
It seems all of the old threads related to Modeltalker are closed, so I can't just add to them.

Here is another example of the results you can get with the program.
Modeltalker Example - YouTube

Brian

Brian,

I think you have FANTASTIC results! Thank you for sharing. It is such a great example as to why people should work at preserving their voice ahead of the game (by using the Model Talker software).

The main problem I had, was when my custom words and phrases are sprinkled in in with the computer generated words, the custom words are said faster.

It would be a huge asset for the members of this forum if you were to update this thread later, with how you were able to tweak the synthetic voice and improve upon it, if, in fact you are able to do so.

Thank you for posting this 8)

I have modeltalker too and it really sounds like me.....not perfect, some words are not recognizable, but I bleieve this company will keep on inproving the quality of the voice. I dont know how to play aorund with the different settings to get it better. Any ideas?

Here is the updated example after tweaking some of the parameters.
Another modeltalker example - YouTube

Under the general parameters:
speech rate was changed from 140 to 150
average F0 remained at 93
F0 range was changed from 30 to 20
speed was changed from 0 to 1

And under the TTS configuration, declination was changed from 15 to 10.

I messed around with many of the other parameters as well, but I really didn't seem to notice much of a difference with many of them.

Brian

Brian,
I reckon my results with Model Talker are comparable with yours, it's a tremendous asset I think. I used it in two phone calls today with good success. I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back