Top 5 instruments/gadgets you can't live without ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karvorka

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
04/2008
Country
AU
State
NSW
City
New Lambton
Ok I'm sure we all use different stuff to make life a little easier and these change over time due to your ability to use them (for example 4 months ago I would say hands down my iphone which did absolutely everything from playing games to a universal remote to being my computer input interface but now not so much). So I'm curious to hear everyones opinions on their top 5 instruments that they love the most, and to start off I'm going to list mine.. oh and try and be as specific as possible in case I want to steal your ideas :-D

1. Smart nav mouse (which I've just started using and before I would have said an iphone app called mobile mouse pro).
2. FLPR app/dongle (turns your phone into a touch screen universal remote).
3. My self retractable scissors.
4. Yoyo bidet (no need to say why!).
5. And the good old tv which I do everything from watching shows to using my computer and listening to music.

I've got more but I'd like to hear from you guys ..

D.

1. iPod Touch - my voice
2. Suction machine - keeps me alive by sucking the goo out of my throat
3. Waterpik water flosser - assists #2
4. Hospital bed - keeps me comfy
5. BiPap - keeps me breathing

Answering for my hubby, and keeping it simple:
1) urinal
2) urinal
3) urinal
4) urinal
5) urinal

Seriously; when I bought one last year for traveling, Jim said "this is my favorite piece of equipment so far!" Started using it all the time; saves all the transfers!
And, 2 at the bedside at night saves me from having to be awakened to "empty"!
Win-Win situation! :lol:

What's this urinal you speak of? Sounds useful

Also which speech app do you use on the touch Barry ?

1. Wheels - think bed, pwc, hoist etc. Without them I couldn't look after my pals alone.
2. Bed
3. Hoist
4. Suction machine
5. Bipap
6. TV
7. Commode

nearly more of a top ten than a top five

1. The door knob I use to hitch my underwear off

2. My $60.00 bidet

3. My scrub brush attached to a bicycle repair stand for hands free showers (see photo)

4. My PC tablet set to landscape position and my toe operated usb trackpad for bedtime reading of ebooks and comic books (also my $20 foot operated wireless mouse).

5. My hands free tricycle

Attachments

• P9103046.jpg
    P9103046.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 640
  • P9103051.jpg
    P9103051.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 624
  • PA202129.jpg
    PA202129.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 583
What's this urinal you speak of? Sounds useful

It is what one uses to urinate--a plastic container--made for men and women. They can be used from a bed. Male urinals are extremely common--female not so much.

I use Proloquo2go on my iPod, costs more than some others but it has a lot more functionality in pre-programmed phrases and pronunciation programming. If you cant have your own voice you may as well have one that says words the way they are meant to be pronounced.

For my husband, the PALS
1. Dynavox with Eyegaze
2. Lift Chair
3. Bariactric Bed with the Roho Mattress
4. Wireless Doorbell at the end of his bed (to call me)
5. Converted Honda Odyssey

For me, the CALS

1. Invacare Lift
2. Dynavox w/ Eyegaze
3. Kohler Bidet
4. Shower/Toileting Chair
5. Van

Missy, did you buy the Honda Odyssey already converted, or had it done? I already own one, and have wondered what it takes to convert it for the future... right now I still can drive, as my right leg is ok when sitting, just not as strong as it used to be.
Thanks,
Helen

We bought it converted. It has the Northstar conversion. We talked to our Honda dealer, and we could have bought a regular van and they would have had it converted for us.

Helen,

Braun will also convert your Odyssey. However, unless it a fairly new one in good condition, it is a poor investment as the conversion costs about $25K. Might as well do it on a car that is worth as much as the conversion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back