Diagnosis
11/2005
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Toronto
Video and photo duty in our family usually fell on my shoulders.

But as my hands weakened it became more and more difficult to hold a camera- and dealing with charging a battery and transferring the flash card became an ordeal.

Now that I've pretty much lost the use of my hands no one was taking any pictures.

This is especially painful as I have a 3 year old daughter and if I could I'd record every second of her life.

I have partially solved the problem by buying a usb external web cam.

The webcam is hooked up to my lap top via a usb port and sits on my laptop table facing away from me. Now with a click of my foot mouse and a slight shift to the position of my table I can video action occurring around me.

It is not perfect and often I end up taking video of empty space, but I have taken some great footage of my daughter and it is definitely better than nothing. Even when the video is not centred I am still recording the audio which is just as much fun.

You can take still pictures too, although this does not work out as well.

And you don't need to fuss with batteries or flash cards as the webcam is connected and powered by your laptop and files are instantly stored there.

External webcams are relatively inexpensive starting at around $30 and you can buy HD webcams that take great quality video.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back