Diagnosis
11/2005
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Toronto
Since I bought my iPad I've pretty much lost the use of my hands and arms. I can just barely use my ipad but it is a struggle requiring a number of gymnastic moves involving knees, elbows, feet, toes, hands, knuckles (all of which have significantly reduced function) It usually takes me 3 or 4 tries before I get the app I want. I've become so frustrated that for the most part my ipad has become a very expensive paper weight.

My legs, toes and feet are still pretty functional and I manage very well on my desktop using a mouse and trackpad with my feet.

At times I need the portability of the ipad and being able to interface with my ipad using an Apple magic trackpad operated by my feet would solve my problem.

But using a magic trackpad with the ipad is contrary to Apple's vision for the ipad as a touchscreen only device. Not that it could not be easily done. In fact I know that people have been able to use the magic trackpad with the ipad but you first need to jailbreak your ipad then use the BTStack mouse app - but I would rather not have to resort to jailbreaking.

I've written to Apple about my situation but never got a response.

I'm starting to lose my speech too and it would be very helpful if I could use the proloquo2go speech app.

If Steve Jobs could experience my level of frustration for just one minute he'd personally stay up all night to work on the app and would also donate $1 million to an ALS Charity

Can anyone think of a way that we can shame Apple into developing this app? The Apple philosophy preventing a dying man from using his ipad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back