Diagnosis
08/2010
Country
US
State
tx
City
kyle
My mom as the trache all ready and we are looking for somethiing that she can use to wake us up at night she can longer lift her hands....

I dont know if this is an option- My PALS uses a (baby) monitor and when he needs something, he grinds his teeth.
it is easily heard over the monitor.
Can she still move her feet? you could tie up a bell at the end of her bed and she could hit that with her foot/toe.
Hope this helps.

she cant move her feet very lil and she dont have teeth we have home health but we dont hvae them every night

Hi,

We just found something that is working for our communication - so far - it's a wireless doorbell! It was the cheapest one available at Home Depot. The push button that came with it is a little difficult for my husband to push, so we will probably have to replace it with another one that I found that presses easily. We had to buy a separate push button anyway in order to make it available in two locations. The doorbell itself is about 4" x 6" x3", and is easily taken from one room to another. The "front door" rings a ding-dong and is mounted beside the bed. The "back door" has a single ding (or dong, if you prefer), and is near his computer.

It's been working out just fine. Simple and usable as well! Plus, it is loud enough to wake you up.

Hope this helps!
Lynn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back