CALS
Country
US
State
MI
City
Spruce
Hello Everyone!

There's a meal replacement shake and it has all natural ingredients and over 70 nutrients in one SERVING. We were hoping that my mom could try this out (she has had ALS for 5 years now) but when we did the research she already had to be switched to a PEG tube. My whole family uses this meal replacement and we think that some ALS patients might enjoy the healthy benefits as well. This is something my mom wishes she could have had the chance to try to help her with her nutrition and muscle strength. Just wanted to pass this along to anyone looking for options like Ensure and other shakes.

Sending strength and well wishes,
Courtney

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: meal replacement shakes in Peg Tubes for nutrients

It can easily be put down a PEG. I gather you are of the opinion that it can't be put through a PEG.

Sounds like the perfect thing for a peg tube, maybe it might need to be thinned out a bit but otherwise a healthy shake is what a peg tube is made for.

Great idea! I will see if I can do that for my mom. I guess I didn't realize we could put things in there besides the canned stuff and meds. I will talk to her and see what she thinks. Thanks so much for the advice!

You can also blend up regular food to the proper consistancy and feed that through the PEG. Really, you can put just about anything through it as long as you can get it thin enough to go thru. Just make sure youre flushing it with water afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back