Diagnosis
05/2010
Country
FR
State
tarn et garonne
City
valeilles
Rand Products - LOOKS GOOD TO ME; anyone tried them?

Last edited by a moderator:
Iris, are you asking about that "easy pivot"? I found that by the time I would have used something like that, it was time to be ordering a lift system like the Hoyer or another style using a sling to hold me. The railings on my hospital bed and the rails around the toilet, plus the grab bars in the shower were my "interim" system.

The easy pivot is all we ever used. Wished we had been able to use it a few months earlier, my back would be much better, but there wasn't enough room in the bathroom. Once the bathroom was renovated it made life much easier and safer for both of us. That said, getting Liz into bed was still a lot of effort as I would put her on the bed with easy pivot but then I would have to climb up and pull her up to the pillows. A sling type lift would have been better for that but Liz hated the Hoyers she had used in the hospital and she adamantly refused to spend the $8000 for a ceiling mounted track lift.

Dick

thank you for your opinions. Isnyt it fun choosing the things to stop us falling down etc!
Love to all

I never thought to explain that Liz had a full size Flexibed rather than a hospital bed or even a simple twin. I think with a smaller bed I would have been able to just sit her down and pivot her onto the bed.

Dick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back