Lost a loved one
Country
US
State
PA
City
Lafayette Hill
This was in Sunday's New York Times (travel section):

"Expedia.com and its subsidiary Hotels.com have rolled out search tools that allow travelers with disabilities to find and book lodgings that feature bathrooms for the handicapped, roll-in-showers and Braille signage.

While Expedia.com says it now lists more than 15,000 hotels with amenities for disabled guests, the search tool is not exactly user-friendly. On Hotels.com, for example, users must first conduct a general search and then filter those results by checking off accessibility preferences like 'roll-in-shower' and handicapped parking.

"I think the design could be better, but it's a start,' said Andrew Pray, a spokesman for Hotels.com. "It meets a need that was not there.'"

Thought this might be of interest & help for some. I know I have found a broad interpretation of "handicap accessible". Some places that means only handicap parking & and an elevator!

wow thanks for info. about time someone did

Oh yes, welcome to my travel agent world! It's not that easy finding what you need huh! When I went back to the travel industry after being gone 6 years I thought, no problem, I can do handicap bookings......Nope not easy! However, I am making a list of places to go, rooms, condos etc that are handicap accessible for PALS and other diseases. So, tdamess......does this mean you will be going somewhere? I am on a plane day after tomorrow...excited to be where I am going, but not excited to get there! haha
Hugs,
Kari

thats allright you go up in the air i will stay on the ground .. wait i will stay away from beaches also my luck a plane will come along and land on me 2 ... poor guy how awful was that ...

You are to funny! I was thinking "That so would have been me!"" Ahh but great minds think alike huh! Poor DUDE!

gee talking about my fears here i am seeing how many i have what a chicken i am surprised i have not locked myself in the house lol but , then again it may go on fire ... lot of ifs in this world lol

I only have a few, well phobias - fear of flying, heights, SPIDERS, and bugs that have creepy long legs and sharks. Well, except the daddy long legs, not scared of that one, used to pick off all the legs and watch them wobble around when I was a kid. Not much huh!

Kari, have a good trip!

Funny, I am trying to find an accessible hotel room in NYC and not finding any of the usual search engines very helpful. Guess I'll be working the phones!

Hey, maybe I can help you narrow it down. I would love to help anyone free of charge who has PALS. What area in NYC?

Blubear, how sweet! We're going up for the ALS Walk in May. The walk is on the west side, but we can stay anywhere; I know the city well. We'll also be visiting my brother in Brooklyn. The catch is, we're a family of 5 so we need a suite or two beds and a rollaway. I'm still looking, but if you have any ideas let me know! Thank you! Jennifer :)

Let me see what I can find for ya.........I will start looking...

K I found a ton of options for ya....I will go to your page to talk....

bring on spring break! we leave for destin, fl saturday morning!

Oh Jen you have a great time! Now since A LOT of the flights are overbooked for spring break, check in for your flights online 24 hours in advance to keep yourself from getting bumped (print out your boarding passes too!). Remember to do this for the return flight too 24 hours in advance! I am going to Arizona to spend time with my parents at their 2nd home. Its 85 degrees and they have a pool so I am excited too, but ....no sand or beautiful ocean...
Hugs, kari

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back