Country
US
State
heartland
City
hoosier
so i am bidet shopping and need some reviews......here's what i got so far

1. joel's site...get the toto

2. bio-bidet...cheaper.....good, but jeff said dryer isn't as good as he would like

i really don't want a wet bottom, and i am not ready for some stranger wiping my butt......i don't have (or need, i think) a caregiver during the day.....

so please share your reviews, and thanks for a place i can ask these questions.....somehow my friends and family just wouldn't get it

Last edited:
Jen, I ordered one(the cheapest one) from an internet site but it will not fit on either of my loos. (probably because of being in France) Make sure you read all the small print about fittings. So so far it was wasted money. I shall watch this thread with interest. SUCH an important topic!

I have the Toto washlet and like it a lot; in fact the whole family enjoys it! I do wish the dryer was more powerful.

I have the BioBidet BB-1000. We planned for the elongated model, and changed the "LOO" to match.

Both Wanda and I use it. It definitely helps if you are slow to poop.

Everyone that visits comments on the heated seat.

The dry air function on this runs for three minutes. Starts out lukewarm, and finishes by burning the hairs off your ass. OK , its gets hot.

We could not do without it.

Glen

lol glen, i hope you not are insinuating i have a hairy behind :roll:

" I do wish the dryer was more powerful." Reminded me:-
On a wall in a motorway station toilets - by the side of the hot air hand dryer/ the instructions - "wave hands under the hot air stream" and someone had added "and then wipe hands on trousers".

lol glen, i hope you not are insinuating i have a hairy behind :roll:

The smell goes away after the first exfoliation LOL :twisted:

We have the Bio Bidet...UCI upgrade..heated seat and water. Our whole family enjoys it. My hubby can still press the remote control on his own..sometimes needs assistance. Definitely gets the job done! Worth the investment. I also wanted to add...that I installed this all by myself!

Last edited:
Great thread. We will need one soon too. Good to know its easy to install Kelly.

kelly, what is the uci upgrade?

did everyone purchase theirs online or are there distributers for these?

Is there a online link that you all used for the Bio Bidet and what is the cost? I originally designed the masterbath for a bidet but Web wanted a really big shower instead. Kelly, I had no idea that it was possible to make a existing toilet into a bidet! Great thread :]

To simplify matters I'm copying my earlier thread here.

Unless you have money to burn, I would look into Luxe bidets before anything else. At $70 bucks what do you have to lose? I got ones installed at my home, at my paren's home, at my in-law's home, at my cottage. It is such a relief to know that wherever I go I'm covered.

BTW I found the toto washlet pretty much useless.

I had looked into the hands free bidet toilet seats by Toto and BioBidet - but at $400-$1000+ they were more than I could afford.

I would also need a special AC outlet installed in the bathroom - more expense and hassle

The seats looked cool - but had a lot of features that I really didn't need - seat lifter, seat warmer, blow dry, etc.

Then I came across these simple bidet attachments for the toilet for less than $100 (I paid $70 on ebay)

They are non-electrical and easy to install. The brand is Luxe Bidet.

They have models that just run on cold water and others that can be hooked up to the hot water from the bathroom sink - although by the time the water heats up you're pretty much done. I have no problem with the cold water but my wife found it a little chilly.

You may need to pad off with TP. I never do.

I've almost lost the use of my hands but I can still easily operate the controls.

It works great and its super effective.

I was extremely stressed about losing my bathroom independance - but this has given me a new lease on life without breaking the bank.

Last edited by a moderator:
the price on the luxe sure is nice, but cold water...ughhhhh. i think i may be a bit of a wimp when it comes to that.

Warm water a must..that is part of the upgrade. I am going to look for our original receipt. I know that my Hubby bought it on line. I will post when I find the info. Ours has to be plugged in to warm the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back