Diagnosis
10/2008
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Alexandria
As I cannot read for as long as I used too, we have taken all of my novels to the used book store.

Having an Ipod Touch with 64Gig of space, I have been downloading complete sets of audiobooks. Currently, I have the complete sets of:

Dragon Riders of Pern - 23 books

Xanth - 29 books

I would like to make them available to other IPOD Touch/IPhone users , all I would need is a postal address and I will send out DVD's

Anyone else have audiobooks ?

Glen

I have one audiobook. I bought it to have something to listen to besides music, when I drove to New York alone this fall. I chose Eckhart Tolle's The Power of Now and by the time I got to NYC I felt that I had had a 6-hour therapy session! I was so perfectly enlightened but it only lasted for 3 days! ;)

Since then I have listened to it on my iPod sometimes, when I have trouble falling asleep. I find Tolle's voice so soothing and it helps me to live in the moment, even though I can't seem to apply it to my life when I am not listening to the audiobook. Oh well! Practice makes perfect I guess.

On a related note, does anyone know of a good app for downloading audiobooks to the Itouch/Iphone?

Not audiobooks but I have been listening to classical music on my IPod. I downloaded the CBC app and fall asleep to Mozart, Hayden, Beethoven, Vivaldi, and a whole bunch more that I didn't know before. I have always liked classical but never went out of my way to buy any and now am getting an education for free.

I guess I should have gone for the 64gb IPod after all, thanks for the offer Glen but they won't fit on mine.

I use utorrent to dowload from the net

My husband I are listening to the girl with the dragon tatoo on cd. We both love getting in the car so that we can continue our story. It gives us something to talk about..and is kind of our "special time" together. Today after his pool therapy we went for a long car ride just to finish a couple more chapters.

You can also make your own audiobooks with many Windows text to speech programs. Most of them have the ability to take a text file as input and convert the text to either an mp3 file or a wav file. The voice quality isn't as good as commercially produced audiobooks, but you aren't paying for the extra quality either.

There are thousands of public domain books in text file format available for download on the Internet. Google for Project Gutenberg for more information.

My husband uses Audiobooks and has now cxd his account, as he has downloaded so many. He loves it!

How's your book reading going Glen?

pffft , print is dead ..... NOT

I have been putting my feet up , closing my eyes and listening to the Dragonriders of Pern.

List of audiobooks I currently have:

Dragonriders of Pern - 24 novels in series

Xanth - 29 novels

Twilight - 1 novel
New Moon - 1 novel
Eclipse - 1 novel
Breaking Dawn - 1 novel

Harry Potter - 7 novels

The Hobbit - 1 novel
Lord of the Rings - 3 novels

Mass Effect - 2 novels

And I have hundreds of text files, pdf's, microsoft reader files from a variety of authors (ebooks)

Glen

Last edited:
I definitely see a trend here.

Last edited:
My husband I are listening to the girl with the dragon tatoo on cd. We both love getting in the car so that we can continue our story. It gives us something to talk about..and is kind of our "special time" together. Today after his pool therapy we went for a long car ride just to finish a couple more chapters.

Have just finished reading the trilogy! POWERFUL stuff.

Glen given the books you posted above you need to check out:

Necroscope by Brian Lumley
Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind
Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan

Hmmph Brian Lumley audiobooks ... can only find german versions.
The others are in the download queue !

Thanks Jeff

Also got a number of audiobooks for Marion Zimmer Bradley
and if you need a good chuckle , The Mission Earth series by L Ron Hubbard

Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind - 9 novels & prequel

Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan - 11 novels

more than 35 novels by Terry Pratchet

have been added to my collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back