Reason
Loved one DX
Country
CA
State
BC
City
Vancouver
Check out the new device that can instantly tighten, knot or undo walking or running shoes with a push of one finger, thumb or a heel of one hand. It also undoes laced shoes, hands free, without needing to bend over. It acts like an on/off switch for shoes and works with conventional non stretching laces for the most supportive fitting. It can be seen on Google under the name of lace-amatic.

Looks like it might be a good idea for those that still wear shoes.

AL.

Last edited:
Am I missing something here? I looked at the instructional video and it looks a lot more difficult to use the machine than to lace up the shoes yourself. Much more finger dexterity and many more steps required. You still have to put on and off the shoes yourself and even lace them up although not tightly.

Do you use one yourself Xena? Do you have ALS?

Thanks,

John

I didn't watch the video. Looking at the pics it looked like 3 easy steps. Can't wear shoes anyway.

AL.

Here's a link to a video I saw although it only shows the preparatory part. Maybe you only have to do this part once. I solved my problem of even getting shoes on and off (harder than the lacing part) by wearing velcro fastening sandals 12 months a year. Easy on, easy off. Since I can't walk, snow is not a problem.

YouTube- lace-amatic tips

Because of swelling I have to have lower legs and feet wrapped. I might be able to find muk luks to fit. Even sandals won't go over wraps. They're bulky but work well.

AL.

Yeah Al, it is swelling of my feet that drove me to the sandals. Maybe wraps are in my future.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back