Diagnosis
07/2009
Country
oz
State
oz
City
RURAL
Toss clothing into the dryer for a few minutes before dressing on a cold day.
Also is cosy if you do the same with a blanket to wrap around them at bedtime.
A small bag of frozen peas makes the best ice pack.
You can make a heat pack by placing a wet washcloth in a ziplock bag and zapping it in the microwave for a few seconds. Just check it as it can have uneven hot spots and make sure that you do not close the ziplock when you put it in the microwave!
Unscented. lanolin based shaving foam makes great pericare when they are bedridden! You do not want to use anything that is scented or menthol based unless you are trying to give them a real sensory experience! Just squish the foam unto a warm wash cloth and all the body fluids and smells disapper-it also doesn't need to be rinsed off beyond the washcloth and conditions their bottems! DO NOT USE ANY POWDER EVER! Bad for their lungs and bad for their skin because it cakes up into the creases.

Thanks for the advice, great to know and we will give it a try. I know we have been having a problem with the powder caking up but she wants it on.....

When my son was in the nicu they used and sent home a bottle of powder called Stomadhesive. It doesn't blow up into theair when you apply it like baby powder does so should be safer on the lungs. I really like it and will order more when the bottle is empty.

I googled it and found it here.

Ostomy Skin Care Products

It's expensive but seems to last a really long time, I used it on every diaper change for 4 weeks because of bad diaper rash and my toddler painted the dog with it twice, decorated my dining room chairs and thought it looked pretty on the leather furniture and there seems to be plenty left after all of that.

In hindisight after reading that I may want to rethink the supervision of my toddler.

That is such a funny story! Clinically we never used any powder due to the potential that it would irritate the lungs :]

asantiago, LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back