Diagnosis
01/2005
Country
US
State
OK
City
Tahlequah
Still hanging in 5 years after diagnosis I've had plenty of experience with different lifts. The most common being the Hoyer type. Always a pain because they require too much space to maneuver and you have to store them somewhere between uses.
I switched to a portable overhead lift last year that has made life much easier on me and my caregivers. I have one in the bedroom and bathroom. They are battery operated and reliable. The VA funded mine.
See one here LINK Guardian Voyager Easytrack System | Voyager Overhead Patient Lift | Voyager 4-Post Lift System

What sling are you using with this lift? I ordered one of these lifts a few months ago and instead of the Guardian sling that I ordered, I was sent a Hoyer sling that really is not designed to work with this type of lift. I'm curious if you have the Guardian or Hoyer sling and which style of sling it is.

Thanks.

Lee

I use a "U" shaped toileting sling but any 4 point sling will work fine. I have seen adapters for 6 point slings. I prefer the U type because you can pull the leg straps out so your not sitting on a sling all day long.

I have a ceiling track lift and just love it! It is a continuous track with 2 turn tables, from the bed to the bathroom/toilet/bath to my recliner in the living room.

Thanks for the sling info. I will look for a U shaped sling to try.

Lee

I am nearing the need for a lift in the bathroom for being placed in the tub. I have seen the "Sure Hands" wall mount and like it. I don't want the ceiling track type.
I have also seen another company that looks interesting called
"Mobility Lift System". Mobility Lift Systems

Does anyone know about Mobility Lift System? I Would like to know what you think.

Judy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back