Diagnosis
09/2009
Country
US
State
NV
City
Reno
We are getting one of these this week, I dont know much about it. I guess I will learn! Lori

I don't know what it is but I hope you enjoy it!

Zaphoon

It is a device that is used to loosen up all the junk in your chest. I googled it, it makes sense, and since we are covered by VA I guess the doctor ordered it for us. Thee cost I read was $16,000. (They didnt give us a color choice however) The lady said they will send someone out to teach me how to use it. I am supposed to give him 2 20 minutes sessions a day with it.

Thanks for the education on the vest. At $16,000 a pop, it must really be something! You have to happy about not having to pay that bill.

Zaphoon

I would be a lot happier if we didnt need the thing, but Yes the VA is an incredible help.

Lorie, I agree with you whole-heartedly.

I have never used one or a cough assist and have never had a problem - touch wood. It is a good thing too as I don't have the money to purchase one. I hope you get good benefit from it.

you are such a nut, but you did get me laughing today

l received one Wednesday and WOW! it was weird and different

How do these work? I've heard alot of people talk about cough assist but not sure how they work. I wasn't able to go to my MIL last clinic appointment and thought this would be mentioned because she isn't strong enough to get a good cough.

lol thanks for the link ...i thought it was a real vest type thing that you wear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back