Reason
Lost a loved one
Country
US
State
ca
City
portola valley
I am still having problems with the first screen showing the dates 9-13-07. I tried correcting the problem with Al's suggestion to go to user cp then edit options and new threads update but still did not work. Also, went to refresh button as Joel suggested but also no success. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks Bev Rees

P. S. Also, my husband is having the same problem and he logs in under David Thysen.

I will give it a whirl :

Click on USER CP link (top left)
Click on Edit Options (in Settings & Options - left side)

In the Thread Display Options Block (3rd Block) try these settings
Thread Display Mode set to "Linear - Newest First"
Number of Posts to Show per Page set to "Show 20 posts per page"
Default Thread Age Cut Off set to "Show All Threads"

In the Date & Time Options block (4th Block) try these settings
Time Zone set to "(GMT -8:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada) and "Automatically detect DST Settings"

Then scroll down and click on the SAVE CHANGES button.

Close your browser and get back in (this gives you a new session)

Any difference ?

Thanks, Glenn; nice try, but didn't work for me.

This is getting funny! LOL

Hi Glen,
Thanks for your reply. I tried everything you suggested but it is still showing the 9-13-07 date. It has been like this for the past 4 days. Anyhow, if you have any other suggestions that might work let me know. Thanks again for your reply. Bev

Hi Bev. David should be back tomorrow. I'll see if he can figure it out.

AL.

Hi Mare. I changed your time setting to eastern from pacific. Don't know if that will help but Pa. is all on Eastern time isn't it?

AL.

I am also having the same problem with the 2007 dates--so it is more than just one person having this problem.

Cheers

Marsha F

Ah hah!

The issue was that Bev and David were referring to the front-end of the website here: https://www.alsforums.com/ (the latest threads are listed down the page).

Due to a database issue (pointed at an old version of the forum database) threads listed were from 2007... this issue has been fixed; if you visit the homepage you'll notice all the latest threads are now listed.

Thanks for bringing this issue to my attention.

Cheers,

David

Success !

Thanks to all for the help !

Hi David,
Thanks so much for fixing this problem. We really appreciate it. Bev & David

Now I see, said the blind man. I couldn't figure out what you meant. I by-pass that page signing in. Thanks David.

AL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back