Country
US
State
Washington
City
Bellingham
Zwhat is the point of

locking the threads on this forum?z
M I was about to reply to the speech device thread with information of a new product by Toby that is far superior to anything on the market and saw that even though the thread was)
barely a month without any reply and still totally relevant the thread was locked. Why? What's the point?

No other forum I am on locks thread

Also, I do think an ALS forum would take steps to make itself as user-friendly as possible.

Last edited:
The system automatically locks them after a certain amount of no activity. I think it is about a month give or take. It is of course a trade off but does prevent ten year old threads being resurrected which happens elsewhere and is very confusing. It was set up this way long before you or I joined here. The OP also can lock their thread as can the mods. Mods rarely close threads and when they do it is almost always an overly persistent DIHALS.

You can start a new post and it would be much appreciated.

I am moving this as it is forum issue not ALS discussion

that happened to me tonight also... i found an answer to a month old thread, found the thread, sifted through the pages, and it was closed

we could start a new thread and provide a link to the old thread, we r answering

Glad you're ok Nikki,

Pat

i suggest it would foster much more conversation if the system setting were changed to perhaps six months or more. The information stays relevant often times regardless of the date.

i was going to add my two cents to the frequent urination thread but it's already locked. Not worth me starting a whole new thread, especially since im using this crappie old laborious tobii system to eye gaze type.

I'll take a look at the system settings and keep your suggestion in mind when making changes. Unfortunately, the change won't be retroactive and i'm not sure there's any mechanism to make it retroactive so it'll have to be a "moving forward" change.

If you can do different settings on different forum sections I wouldn't want to see DIHALS posts left open very long ...

But other forums could be kept open for a while as some discussions certainly ebb and flow and no reason not to keep them in one thread.

THANKS David, we truly appreciate what you do!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back