00/0000
Country
CA
State
ON
City
Cobourg
Hi,

There's been some changes to the site; primarily aimed at getting the site mobile friendly so that people from all sorts of devices are able to view the website and have good experience.

The biggest changes are the following:

• New responsive theme (friendly for all devices)
  • Blogs moved to front-end website (read more)
  • Front-end website completely overhauled
  • Ability for all members to contribute content and help us build a better resource

Read more here

Wow, you're really making some improvements that I like.

I'm a little wary, however, of putting the blog upfront. Before, I felt that my blog was in a spot people had to wanna get to, so it seemed semi-private. Now, with all the blogs mixed together all up front, it feels like I've written on the front of the city gates for everyone to casually read as they're blowing through the forums. Feels less private.

That seems silly. Of course the Internet is public. But when people had to click on my own blog, they would see the introductory phrases that put my whole blog into context. I felt they were warned and could read my stuff in the spirit I intended. But with the blogs upfront, mixed in with everybody else public, it feels like a lack of privacy.

Wow, you're really making some improvements that I like.

I'm a little wary, however, of putting the blog upfront. Before, I felt that my blog was in a spot people had to wanna get to, so it seemed semi-private. Now, with all the blogs mixed together all up front, it feels like I've written on the front of the city gates for everyone to casually read as they're blowing through the forums. Feels less private.

That seems silly. Of course the Internet is public. But when people had to click on my own blog, they would see the introductory phrases that put my whole blog into context. I felt they were warned and could read my stuff in the spirit I intended. But with the blogs upfront, mixed in with everybody else public, it feels like a lack of privacy.

Yeah that's a good point; something doesn't seem right about the Blog. The problem was that prior to moving them, viewing the blogs skipped the user from the new theme back to the old theme; which seemed confusing.

Let me know if you can think of a way to make the current Blog location work better; otherwise I'll see if I can hire the guy that created this theme to actually complete the blog portion.

David, what's a blog? Dumb right!

Chally, sorry for the slow reply I wasn't subscribed to this thread for some reason.

A blog is like a personal journal, but written for anyone to read. Here's Google's take on the definition:

A Blog is a regularly updated website or web page, typically one run by an individual or small group, that is written in an informal or conversational style.

Oh David, mate...you missed a golden opportunity to have some awesome fun with our dear Chally!

Chally a 'blog' is what a bear does in the woods!!

Love ya Chally!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back