03/2007
Country
XYZ
State
MY ACCOUNT
City
PLEASE DELETE
Am working thru v2.0 of site.

So far, I like the floating Top/Arrow up button, but (yes, there's a "but") the Menu Buttons are tiny! making it difficult for those w/ limited functionality.

I can't find an explanation for icons preceding posts & threads, maybe it's just me?

Good to see the site being worked on - thanks.

Hi Ells, thanks for your input. I think we can increase the size of the menu buttons/links; are you referring the links below (see attached screenshots).

What do you mean by:

"I can't find an explanation for icons preceding posts & threads, maybe it's just me?"

Attachments

• menu1.jpg
    menu1.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 118
  • menu2.JPG
    menu2.JPG
    10.5 KB · Views: 115
Did you mean the icons shown in the image below? (they only appear without descriptions on small screens; if you hover over them it does show the meaning, but I'm not sure that's actually possible on a touch screen).

Attachments

• icons.JPG
    icons.JPG
    9.1 KB · Views: 112
Font's been updated; I like it quite a bit better; what do you think?

You changed the font? Which element has the new font? All the text that I see looks very good.

Thanks David.

The "Menu" in question is the "User CP, Blogs, FAQ, .... Quick Links, Log Out" bar.

Icons I queried are e.g. on the list of "New Posts", what do various icons preceding thread title mean?

I like the font, it's crisp and clear.

One more thing; in v1.0, you can click on a Username in a thread and get an option to PM that user, view public profile, see their posts & add to contacts. In v2.0, clicking on a Username in a thread brings you directly to their Public Profile, thus an extra step to PM or see more of that User's posts.

I don't mean to be negative! I like v2.0.

Ells.

Font's been updated; I like it quite a bit better; what do you think?

I had noticed the font change. It is a big improvement on my phone. Thanks.

Steve

Love the new font David especially on mobile devices. It is much easier to read.

Thanks David.

The "Menu" in question is the "User CP, Blogs, FAQ, .... Quick Links, Log Out" bar.

Icons I queried are e.g. on the list of "New Posts", what do various icons preceding thread title mean?

I'm still confused lol

I like the font, it's crisp and clear.

Yeah, much better. I darkened up the font just now also; much more legible I think.

One more thing; in v1.0, you can click on a Username in a thread and get an option to PM that user, view public profile, see their posts & add to contacts. In v2.0, clicking on a Username in a thread brings you directly to their Public Profile, thus an extra step to PM or see more of that User's posts.

I never noticed, I'll investigate. It might have been removed to make the site mobile friendly but if there's a way to get it back for anyone on iPad screen sizes and larger I'll make it happen. It may not be possible for small screen devices.

David, you’re very patient… Here goes, I’ll try to be clearer!

On the top left of every page are 4 good-sized green buttons – Subscribed, New Posts, Today’s Posts, New Thread. Under these nice sized buttons, there’s a thin menu bar w/ 9 options, reading L-R as User CP – Log out. It is these 9 menu buttons that are thin and could be difficult for some.

I’m less concerned w/ icon explanations, but when I look at the New Posts page, the icons appear on the very left of each post. They are blue, red w/ what looks like a flame in it; obviously they denote threads w/ unread posts etc, but hovering over/clicking an icon doesn’t give an explanation.

Thanks ever so much,
Ells.

Okay, got it, clear as day now. I did boost the font size a little last night and removed the "bold" thinking it made it clearer to read. I'll try something else.

I'll see about adding labels to the icons!

The major items have been fixed.

Screenshots attached:

• The username popup is now working again
  • The thread icon legend is now showing again

Attachments

• username-popup.JPG
    username-popup.JPG
    15 KB · Views: 135
  • post-legend.JPG
    post-legend.JPG
    14.8 KB · Views: 112
Just curious what is the significance of the numbers next to to the people icon on the top right of the initial page. It is usually something like 1/6, 0/5,0/7?

You've got me stumped, can you take a screenshot? I'm not sure what you're referring to

Just to left of hello Nikki J on the top right

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back