Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CA
State
ON
City
Cobourg
There's a new website theme available for the forums. This theme is mobile responsive, meaning it should display more appropriately on smart phones, tablets and similar small-screen devices.

There's screenshots attached below.

For those of you that would like to try it you can use the "Theme Switch" selector located at the bottom left of this page to choose "ALSforums v2.0 Response" (screenshot also attached).

Once you're viewing the new theme and would like to switch back to the old theme you can use the style selector to choose "ALSforums v1.0".

Attachments

• alsforums-style-selector.JPG
    alsforums-style-selector.JPG
    15.7 KB · Views: 242
  • alsforums-style-selector-v2.JPG
    alsforums-style-selector-v2.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 295
  • three-devices.jpg
    three-devices.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 241
Thanks, David. It looks clean and modern.

Very nice on my iPhone, thanks.

Tested on my iPhone and it looked good and was fast and clean :)

I'm using it now on my IPad and like it very much. Thank you!

Beck

I reviewed on Android (Galaxy S4). Overall, it looks nice.

I find the font difficult to read. It is as if the kerning is messed up. It also has a somewhat sans serif look, which is good for headers but bad for body text.

The font is enough of an issue for me that I would use the older theme on my phone.

Steve

I like the 2.0 on my Android. It's still a bit difficult to navigate, but WAY better than using the desktop version and squinting to make the script out. The contrast with the darker headers also helps.

Thanks David- your efforts with this forum are much appreciated.

I reviewed on Android (Galaxy S4). Overall, it looks nice.

I find the font difficult to read. It is as if the kerning is messed up. It also has a somewhat sans serif look, which is good for headers but bad for body text.

The font is enough of an issue for me that I would use the older theme on my phone.

Steve

I'll see about changing the font to something more legible; now that you mention it, I agree, it isn't a clean font for post reading.

Thanks David for all the tech work you do for us. Change ,Change never easy seems as I git used to one thing it then changes to some thing else. Well ain't that life, guess I'll just have to git into it. Again thanks a lot! Chally

Steve, the font has been changed. Seems much better, what do you think?

Chally, if you want, you can still use the old style/theme if you want, it's still available. The default and "not logged in" theme is the new one, but you can change to the old theme using the "theme switcher" (drop down box) located at the bottom of every page (topo left hand corner of the attached screenshot).

Attachments

• selectbox.JPG
    selectbox.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 197
Steve, the font has been changed. Seems much better, what do you think?

Chally, if you want, you can still use the old style/theme if you want, it's still available. The default and "not logged in" theme is the new one, but you can change to the old theme using the "theme switcher" (drop down box) located at the bottom of every page (topo left hand corner of the attached screenshot).

David,

I responded on the other thread, but want to repeat that thought here as well. I did notice the font change. It is much easier for me to read. Thank you very much.

Steve

Wow! It works great and looks very spiffy! Thank you for continuing to do and take care of the tech stuff in order to maintain this site.

David, in-line hyperlinks are very difficult to discern since there is no color change. I realize this isn't been much of an issue in the past, but in the "new era"...is a color possible?

Best,
Laurie

I am on a galaxy s2 tablet. It looks wonderful. Clean and easy to read.

Hyperlinks now appear blue and then green once hovered on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back