Diagnosis
12/2015
Country
US
State
PA
City
Small town
Hello all. Anyone know when I will be permitted to post an attachment, edit posts, PM? I notice that you don't have to be a forum subscriber to do this (am I wrong?), but does this magically happen sometime? I have a photo of an amazing wheelchair that I would like to post (I had never seen one like it until 08/15).

Also, I attached a photo to my profile just this morning, but it is not showing up yet. Maybe it has to be approved first?

And, lastly, I did e/mail the webmaster this a.m. as well, questioning how I put a signature line and comment like so many of you use. Maybe I have to wait to be approved for that as well.

Thanks......

You are correct that all those things ( except possibly the profile picture) are something that will happen after a certain number of posts. I think it is approximately 50.
I sort of thought profile pictures were enabled at once but maybe not

hey bucky, there are a few quite separate things here.

1. attachments. you should be able to. Look below the Submit reply button and see additional options. click on the little double arrow button to the far right of the blue bar the title additional options is in.
click on manage attachments
choose the photo from your computer
choose upload
close the window
submit your reply

2. edit posts - if you have that privilege yet (might be a little while for that one to kick in) you can edit your own posts for about 15 minutes after posting.

3. PM should kick in very soon now, we don't know the magic number of posts, but usually you need to also check your control panel (User CP link in the darker blue bar above) and make sure you have set all options for it.

4. your profile photo and your avatar are separate things. you avatar shows up here beside posts so go to your User CP and you find avatar settings.

5. your signature settings are also in you User CP but ALSO in the Additional Options below the submit button is a tick box to elect to show your signature, so make sure that is ticked.

In the meantime keep on joining in like you are and all the features will kick in :)

You should see your permissions at the bottom of an attempted post under posting rules I do not think as I said you can do attachments yet but it will say. Signatures definitely require a certain number of posts now as well

OK, thanks - I will check out your suggestions. In the meantime, this counts as a post, huh!? :wink: There is obviously so much for me to learn yet - I didn't even see this topic, which is why my post was moved. I'm in a learning curve it appears .....

The photo I will try to post is the most AMAZING wheelchair I have ever seen in person. Maybe not totally appropriate for many ALS patients, but it will literally go almost anywhere. It was being driven by a former veteran, who is now a para. I asked her if I could take a picture of it to share with colleagues, and she happily agreed. It will climb up and drive over/through a great variety of terrain, and she said it had a great battery life. She had been using it on the beach, etc. None of my colleagues had ever seen one either. Probably cost $$$$, but just wanted to share it. We live on a pretty rugged stretch of property, "out in the country" and none of our land is level. When I first saw the w/c I am talking about, I had no idea that my husband would someday need a power chair.

Actually I do not think it does count. Only posts made in what I would call the clinical sections count. But the post count you see under your user name reflects the number of posts that are countable. I am not sure that 50 is the number. It is a guess but when you hit 50 worth checking to see if you can pm etc

yep afraid once it got moved to here your posts here don't count ...

Can't wait to see the wheelchair. I've seen ones that even look like tanks :lol: I've often tried to imagine Chris travelling around the property in one once he had to give up the tractor!

Tillie, the drive "wheels" on this w/c look exactly like a tank! I think you may have seen what I am talking about. It goes effortlessly over sand, up fairly large curbs, etc.

Buck,

I'm on 80+ posts and still can't edit my posts, post attachments or PM. So, you may be waiting a while...

Ells.

I'm pretty sure 100 is the magic number. With regards to posting photos, etc, I realized I was having difficulties on my tablet- If you're using a tablet or a phone, that could be the issue. If I need to post something more complicated than text, or upload a photo, a pc is what works for me.

Post editing disables after a certain amount of time.

I'll check the numbers and member levels and double-check that it's at least a reasonable amount of time for everyone.

I've enabled post editing for everyone; it was disabled for new members for some reason.

You have 10 minutes to edit the thread title. 2 hours to edit the actual post, and 1 day to add a poll to the thread.

David can anyone add attachments though?

I doubt I tried adding any photos when I was first here, and I find it easy but some people don't seem to have the same additional options. Is there something that prevents members up to a certain point from attaching an image? Just curious so that we can help members when they ask better :)

Thanks for all the behind the scenes work you are doing!

I'll double check; I much prefer when people "attach" images instead of offsite linking to them. The reason being is that images hosted on other websites often stop working in a given amount of time; then those links don't work and people can't access the images. Whereas if the images are uploaded here, they remain available forever. Furthermore, people don't actually have to load more windows to other websites just to see the full content (images, documents, etc).

I hope it is enabled for everyone.

I'm checking and will ensure it is; additionally, I'll increase the amount of attachments users are able to submit (should be unlimited).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back