Diagnosis
05/2013
Country
OZ
State
AU
City
lala land
I just want to say thank you David for adding the search using google function to the top of the forum.

I have always found the forum search function to be quite difficult.

So just now I did a couple of tests searching the same phrase in the new google search and then the old forum search.

The results were very different - the google search had what I wanted in the top search result every time, while the forum search didn't even have it on the first page of results.

Onya David, much appreciated! I often think of something said and want to find that thread again and have nearly always had to give up with the forum search. It's going to be very useful!

Oh! I didn't notice that! I will use that from now on.

I still get that weird result sometimes when looking for particular drug references in the forum search- the search brings up threads, but I am unable to access the content.

crap just saw the typo in my thread name ...

Yeah, there's no beating the multi-billion dollar search giant Google when it comes to searching content. With over 250,000 pages of content indexed with Google, their search works far better than the default vBulletin search... without question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back