Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CA
State
ON
City
Cobourg
A private discussion area is now accessible to administrators, moderators, forum supporters, and individuals that have contributed content (posts) to the website for a long period of time.

Please note, 'private' simply means the content in these forums cannot be seen by search engines, be listed on Google, be searched by guests, or be accessible to the general public moving forward.

Essentially, private means "hidden from the anonymous Internet public".

Discussions of a more sensitive nature can safely be had in this forum. This is the purpose of the private forum.

If you have any thoughts please let us know, or message me directly.

Sorry, David, but I am simply too old to understand the concept of the private member area. Will we still have access to the various threads as we do presently, or will we have a separate forum (so to speak) restricted to administrators moderators, forum supporters, and individuals that have contributed content for a long time? How do we define "contributions for a long period of time"? I am concerned that we will lose valuable information when restricting discussion to a specific group. On the other hand, I understand we long timers have problems which are better understood by forum veterans than those relatively new to the group.
BTW, I have recently noticed the tag "forum supporter." What does this mean? - - -thanks for your hard work in support of the forum ! !

Frank, I can answer your specific questions, if you don't mind.

The "forum supporter" label means they paid money to support the site.

See the "heart" next to your name? That means you have contributed content for a long time and so you have access to the private forum if you wish. The number of posts needed for this status may change.

Having access to the "private" forum, as you do now, does NOT limit your access to the other forums. You can still access all the other forums you used to. So nothing is lost.

I hope that you find the added forum to meet some of your needs. Always feel free to voice your opinion, be critical, suggest better ideas, or ask questions.

Professor Astugi........I contributed $$ a few weeks ago. I haven't received my badge of honor. Is there a particular amount one has to donate to get a green banner?

Just Curious........

Professor Astugi........I contributed $$ a few weeks ago. I haven't received my badge of honor. Is there a particular amount one has to donate to get a green banner?

Just Curious........

That's a good question, Mark, that I wish I knew the answer to. I've never known that, and I guess I should know, so I'll find out. Thanks.

So far it indicates those who do the monthly subscription. David is trying to work out a way for the sporadic contributors( greatly appreciated) to be properly acknowledged too. Those contributions are not always linked to usernames though some are which makes it trickier to set up apparently. I promise you this was brought up to him and he is working on it

What she said.

Personally I would rather NOT have it shown on my profile.

I've donated before, but not a regular subscription, well there I've said it, but if I subscribed I would not want those big badges blaring that out at people.

I would personally be happier to see the moderator badge about half the size it is. It feels like it is yelling at everyone - look out I'm a mod.

JMHO

I do admit as time passes I'm noticing those badges less, but for new members they could be rather daunting.

Just Curious........
Same here.

...I would personally be happier to see the moderator badge about half the size it is. It feels like it is yelling at everyone - look out I'm a mod...for new members they could be rather daunting.

Yeah, I agree. The size of the badge is rather "in your face."

I hate to make more work for David. But it seems like this is the perfect time to make suggestions.

See Nikki's post #6 in this thread, above.
Thanks Mike, got it. I never noticed a monthly subscription option. Must have missed it!
This forum is invaluable to me.
Marty

True Mike and when he put them up at first they were nearly twice this size.

I don't want to make more work for David either, but it would be a simple resize in something like photoshop and upload ...

Same here.

Hey Marty.........let's just get a green star tattooed in the middle of our foreheads. Then we can send the bill to Tillie and Mike.

Hey Marty.........let's just get a green star tattooed in the middle of our foreheads. Then we can send the bill to Tillie and Mike.
Already on it! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back