Pictures in my album are upside down.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amandagall5

Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
12/2012
Country
US
State
OK
City
Midwest city
I created an album of my garden pictures on my profile. I took them with my iPad and when I uploaded them they were upside down. I'm not sure how to fix this, can someone help me?
Thanks, Amanda.

It appears that they've hidden the rotate function.

Go to Photos, select the picture, hit Edit, then touch the Crop icon.

Once in Crop mode the Rotate icon should appear on the left.

Sorry but I don't see a crop icon when I select a picture. Maybe I've made enough posts to be able to do this?

You need to edit them on your iPad then upload them

greg, write this up if you can and i'll add it to my forum text file:

from Greg:

OK, to attach files (if your profile allows):
Below the Quick Reply box, click Go Advanced.

Scroll down below the Reply to Thread window, click Manage Attachments.

In the Manage Attachments window, select one of the Choose File buttons, browse to your file

(s), select it/them.

Back in the Manage Attachments window, click Upload to pull your file in. Now scroll down to

the bottom and click Close this Window.

Put your text into the Message: box and hit Submit Reply.
------

Max, do you mean write up the iPad rotate directions?

They were the right way up on my iPad, when I add a photo to an album they get flipped upside down. I don't see anywhere on my profile or on the picture edit options to fix this. I know how to do it on the iPad.

I meant an album on my profile on the ALS forum.

Okay...

This forum is built using a software package called vBulletin.

There is a known issue when uploading pictures to vBulletin from an iPad or iPhone, they flip sideways or upside down. Some users apparently get around this by flipping their pics prior to upload.

My first attempt found my dog picture flipped counter clockwise 90 degrees. So I edited the pic on my iPad and flipped it clockwise 90 degrees. When I uploaded it, it was still flipped clockwise!

So I again edited the pic and flipped it back to the original orientation and tried again. This time it loaded fine.

So: try flipping your pics on the iPad prior to upload.

Good luck.

Thanks Greg! I flipped them twice and uploaded them again, this time they were the right way up!
Amanda.

>Max, do you mean write up the iPad rotate directions?

yup, plus all other pic posting tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back