Diagnosis
11/2012
Country
US
State
CO
City
Colorado Springs
We have a fair number of discussions of interest only to or primarily to veterans.

I believe that a veterans subforum would be of benefit to:
- capture the information in a single location
- make the info easier for veterans to find / browse
- relieve non-veterans of having to see it

I see no need to block anyone from seeing it however.

Atsugi made a wonderful sticky . It is 10pgs long when you print it. Highly informative and answers 95% of the questions asked.

Yep, saw that. Very nice.

And it would go nicely at the top of the new forum!

Yep, saw that. Very nice.

And it would go nicely at the top of the new forum!

AMEN to that....I have no interest in Veterans benefits,
I am happy for them getting treated so well...but it kind of rubs it in the non vets faces.
In other words I am all for a veterans sub forum.

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 147
> It kind of rubs it in the non vets faces

Yep, that's also what I was afraid of...

How does VA care compare to care in the rest of the world, where good health is a right, not a privilege?

>How does VA care compare to care in the rest of the world, where good health is a right, not a privilege?

all for a va sub forum, but this question needs to go into a 'universal controversies' area, along w/ religion, politics, etc.!

Dear Nikki, what do you think? Could we start a veterans subforum? Would help keep the veterans questions and info in one area.

Starting new subforums is above my pay grade and David right now has not been able to get to some other forum issues so it is a bit of a moot point.
However, in my personal opinion, I wish we had fewer subforums. I find the great number a bit overwhelming and potentially confusing.
Plus, even though we seem to have had a spate of VA questions now I don't feel it is the norm. Mostly I think it is when new people post if they are US we ask if they are vets and then tell them to contact PVA.
I am sorry the discussion has been difficult for the non vets and perhaps we can be a touch more discreet recommending the pva, saying that benefits exist worth pursuing and read Mike's sticky?

My concern on that is new members who qualify for VA benefits might not know to look in that sub forum, because they don't realize the help they are entitled to. With info thrown into other threads, they wouldn't miss it. Understand that some people may resent benefits for veterans when they are struggling financially but---would hope that the majority of pals and CALS would be glad for any breaks that any ALS victim can get! Should people not mention their slow progression because those with faster progression will be jealous? Should those still able to eat not talk about it because those on liquid diets will resent them? It's a tricky issue but would like to think we celebrate good news of any type. That's my soapbox for today. Donna

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back